MAHA KARMA YOGA MONTH CONTINUES!
in honor of Sri Dharma Mittra
May 14 through June 14
By serving others, we release our ego, and that is a wonderful way to grow spiritually.
Ideas on how to serve others and perform acts of kindness each day
- Be attentive wherever you are for opportunities to help someone. Do something nice for someone you don't know or don't know well. Spread the word of Karma Yoga. If someone you helped wishes to thank you, ask them to do something nice for three people they don't know, and then they should ask those three people to do something nice for three more people. Consciously increase the goodness of the world through selfless service.
- Donate to a good cause.
- Thank your taxi or bus driver, encourage or praise someone.
- Smile at a stranger, help someone across the street, or buy a street person lunch.
- Share your favorite book, give someone a compliment, make someone's day. Treat everyone you come across with respect, love, and compassion.
- Organize free Dharma Yoga classes; organize events to create environmental awareness and respect for nature, i.e. cleaning expeditions on the weekend to keep a neighborhood or park clean.
- Volunteer at a Senior Center,
- Help at an animal shelter - bring old towels and blankets, walk dogs, help clean, or whatever the need is.
- Promote vegetarianism. Teach others healthy habits. Cook a meal and invite someone over to share in it.
- Serve the Dharma Yoga New York Center, thus serving your teacher, Sri Dharma Mittra. Simple and more involved help is always needed daily.
- Recommend to others, as well as yourself to attend practices with all the teachers and fellow DY trainees on the DYNYC schedule. We are here to serve and so appreciate the help and support in bringing students.
Share your Karma Yoga Practices on the Dharma Yoga facebook page | We love to know!